When do we collect information, and what information is collected?
We collect information from you, the user, when you explicitly provide it to us. This occurs when you place an order (e.g. buying tickets to the convention), fill out a form (e.g. volunteer form), etc. This information includes, but is not limited to, your full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, street address, and amateur radio callsign.
In addition to collecting the information you explicitly provide to us, our server makes use of log files. These files are a standard procedure for website hosts and merely record visitors to the website. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks.
Like millions of other individuals and organizations, we make use of Google Analytics. All of our activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service. Using Google Analytics, we have implemented Demographics and Interests Reporting. If you wish to opt out of tracking with Google Analytics, you may do so by opting out of Google’s advertising tracking cookie, or by installing a browser plugin provided by Google to opt out of all Google Analytics tracking software.
What do we do with your information?
We use the information collected from you in a couple of different ways:
- To compile lists required for the efficient operation of the convention, such as a list of volunteers, list of forum speakers, etc.
- To process payments using a third-party payment processing service (such as PayPal) for items purchased through this website (e.g. convention tickets)
- To communicate with users for the purpose of confirming ticket sales, issuing updates, notices, and important information regarding the Northeat HamXposition Convention or related events, including those in the future
- To better understand what types of users visit the website, when users visit the website, and what users do when they visit the site, etc.
- To better understand how the website and related digital services could be improved
We may choose to compile and publish aggregate statistics including, but not limited to, the number of visitors this site receives, general location of visitors, and/or browser types being used by visitors. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting.
Except as provided in the preceding paragraphs, FEMARA, Inc. does not sell or disseminate information collected from users to any other third parties.
This policy was last updated on February 17, 2019.